Convention Bid Requirements
A Chapter submitting a bid to host a convention should include the following in
its written proposal:
- Chapter information.
- How long has the Chapter been in existence?
- How many members does it have? How often do they meet?
- What other projects (if any) has the Chapter successfully organized?
- Are the majority of members in favor of the Chapter's hosting a convention?
- Convention coordinator.
- Who will be the Chapter's Convention Coordinator?
- What position (if any) does she or he hold within the Chapter?
- Has he or she attended other TWS conventions?
- Does she or he have any experience in organizing a major event?
(Note: Such experience is not essential but obviously would be useful.)
- Will there be a backup coordinator, and if so, who will it be?
- Venue information.
- City information:
- Distance from a major airport
- Types and quality of public transportation
- Nearby restaurants
- Tourist attractions
- Hotel information:
- Room rates
- Alternate lodging options, both less-expensive hotels or B&Bs
and higher-quality hotels
- Convention information. Proposed dates and activities (cricket match?
bus tour to nearby site of interest? nude sword-fighting exhibition?).
The Chapter should also review the selection criteria outlined in the next
section as guidance for the best way to “sell” its bid.